Friday, August 5, 2011

I ♥ DTLA: Urbano Pizza Bar


sopressata: salami, mozzarella, fresno chilli,
crushed tomato, scallions
selvatica: burrata, roasted cherry tomatoes,
basil pesto, pine nuts
tomato cans and olive oil line the walls
I could eat pizza every day and never get tired of it. It's so versatile. It can be as simple as a basic mozzarrella, basil, tomato margherita or as complex as a white truffle with smoked salmon and caviar. Today was my last day clerking at the law office in downtown, and my generous boss treated me to a farewell lunch at Urbano Pizza Bar, which I'd been wanting to check out for awhile. I was so impressed with the ambiance and the friendly employees, and I especially loved the decor and communal table in the center of the dining room. The pizzas are rustic, á la Caiote Pizza in Studio City, and the toppings are all the freshest local ingredients. My summer job may be over, but I'll definitely be coming here again. 


Urbano Pizza
630 W. 6th St. 
Los Angeles, CA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...