Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies


i could eat this dough straight out of the mixing bowl. 

make sure to leave enough room between each cookie.
you don't want them to end up kissing in the oven.

perfection

After trying practically every choco chip cookie recipe that exists, I've concluded that this recipe is the absolute best. These American classics are consistently crispy on the outside and stay chewy long after they come out of the oven. It's perfect with a glass of cold milk. I'm sure Santa Claus would agree. And shocker: It's not an Ina Garten recipe! Give it a go. 


My personal notes:
*This is a huge recipe, so consider wrapping extra dough and freezing it for next time. I baked 2 dozen cookies and still had over half of my dough left over.
*Use C&H brand light brown sugar. I did this the first time and the cookies turned out perfect. This time, I used Trader Joe's brand, and the consistency of the butter/sugar mixture wasn't as fluffy. I love TJ, but I think that either the sugar grains were too large or there was too much molasses. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...