Sunday, July 31, 2011

Banana Crunch Muffins


clockwise from top left: diced walnuts, sweetened
 shredded coconut, diced bananas, and maple granola

garnish each muffin with either coconut, banana chips,
walnuts, or granola

yummy

You might think I'm crazy for cranking the oven during hot and humid LA days like today. But nothing can get between me and some homemade sugary goodness. I tested out these Banana Crunch Muffins, courtesy of Ina Garten, and they turned out amazing. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

My personal notes:
*Feel free to use less sugar than what the recipe calls for. The sweetened coconut and mashed/diced bananas naturally sweeten the batter. And if you ask me, 2 cups is a lot of sugar. A lot. Even for me.
*Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you from trying this recipe out. This recipe is super easy. I mistakenly combined all the ingredients in one giant bowl (instead of combining the wet ingredients separately). The muffins still turned out perfect. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...