Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ina's Blueberry Muffins (Jeffrey's Gonna Love Them)

 For those who know me, I'm a sugar fiend. I take 7 packets of sugar in my coffee, and I'm probably headed toward a not-so-healthy future of dangerously high glucose levels and, God forbid, diabetes. But I just can't help myself. A couple weeks ago, my sister and I made blueberry muffins courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa, and they turned out moist, tender, fluffy and yummy. Due to popular demand, I went for round 2 of blueberry overload last night, and with my mom's suggestion of amping up the blueberry volume, the second batch was especially juicy. They were a hit even with the saltiest eaters. No wonder Jeffrey loves them.

Before...
                                         

...After

Here's the recipe.
Ina Garten's Blueberry Muffins

And here are my personal suggestions.
*You can substitute pure vanilla extract with a dash of white vanilla powder.
*2 half pints equals 2 cups, but feel free to use more blueberries. However, too many blueberries will result in a mushy muffin that doesn't hold up.
*When creaming the butter and sugar, cream it for the whole five minutes. Trust me. 
*You must use paper muffin cups. Butter alone will not do. My sister and I learned this the hard way. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...