Friday, July 22, 2011

I ♥ DTLA: 523 W. 6th St.

This building is so cool, it has its own name. The Pacific Center building in downtown is my home away from home this summer (I'm clerking at a law firm in the building). It's wedged between Olive and Grand, faces Pershing Square, and stands out as a preserved work of artistic history among simplistic new era high rises (like the Ritz and Gas Co. buildings). A true gem. If the lobby looks familiar, it's probably because "The Informant" was filmed there. My co-worker even managed to snag a photo with Matt Damon in costume during filming!

ornate ceiling

view of the main lobby from second floor grand staircase
(the office is right behind me)

ceiling above main entrance hallway

main lobby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...