Monday, February 17, 2014

Rosemary Butter Cookies


To me, the defining trait of a perfect cookie is in the chewiness.  So it may come as a surprise to know that this crunchy rosemary butter cookie is one of my favorites of all time. I'm all about a good gourmet cookie that's easy to make, and this Martha Stewart recipe fits the bill. I usually slice the dough, roll it in turbinado sugar, then bake it, but I discovered this dough is also perfect for rolling out and cutting into shapes (particularly hearts for V-day). 


Above: Always use room temperature butter when baking. If you're short on time, microwave the butter for about 15 seconds.
 Below: Chill the dough for at least one hour before rolling out on floured surface. Room temperature dough will make it difficult to handle the cut-outs.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...