Most weekdays, my breakfast consists of coffee and a banana. Come the weekend, however, I get pretty creative and love to indulge in a hearty breakfast or brunch. I'm pretty fond of brunch for obvious reasons...the ability to mix sweet with savory without any judgment. If you know me well, I never pass up on pancakes or a brioche french toast for breakfast. But in an effort to cut down on my sugar consumption, I improvised and made an omelette with some of my favorite greens. I credit my inspiration to this recipe.
- One tablespoon butter
- Three eggs
- Splash of heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One sprig of finely chopped rosemary
- One handful fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- One handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- Whisk the eggs, cream or milk, salt and pepper until slightly frothy.
- Whisk in the greens.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover and let cook slowly.
- Once egg mixture has set, top with mozzarella. Fold half of egg mixture on the other half.
- Once cheese is melted, plate the omelette. Serve with sliced avocado (and hot sauce!)