Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Herb and Cheese Omelette


Most weekdays, my breakfast consists of coffee and a banana.  Come the weekend, however, I get pretty creative and love to indulge in a hearty breakfast or brunch. I'm pretty fond of brunch for obvious reasons...the ability to mix sweet with savory without any judgment.  If you know me well, I never pass up on pancakes or a brioche french toast for breakfast. But in an effort to cut down on my sugar consumption, I improvised and made an omelette with some of my favorite greens. I credit my inspiration to this recipe

Ingredients

  • One tablespoon butter
  • Three eggs
  • Splash of heavy cream or milk
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • One sprig of finely chopped rosemary
  • One handful fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
  • One handful shredded mozzarella cheese


Directions

  1. Whisk the eggs, cream or milk, salt and pepper until slightly frothy.
  2. Whisk in the greens.
  3. Melt butter in pan over medium-low heat. 
  4. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover and let cook slowly.
  5. Once egg mixture has set, top with mozzarella. Fold half of egg mixture on the other half.
  6. Once cheese is melted, plate the omelette. Serve with sliced avocado (and hot sauce!)



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...