Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Supper

I wasn't very pleased about losing an hour to daylight savings this weekend. But my sister hosted a delicious family dinner party that quickly lifted my mood. I'll let the pictures do the talking.


Homemade custard fruit tarts. Made by Mom with love.  


Assorted cheese plate. 


I'll never understand why they have a bad reputation: Oven-baked brussel sprouts lightly seasoned with garlic and olive oil. Courtesy of my gourmand sister. These also taste great flash-fried in a deep fryer. 


One of my favorite salads: To create dressing, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, anchovy paste, grated parmesan, salt and pepper. Toss arugula, thinly sliced fennel and shaved parmesan with dressing. Top with shaved parmesan. 


There's always room for dessert: homemade cappuccino and Mom's fruit tart. Birdpick lychee tea steeps in the back. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...