Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Smoothie Operator

I'm a spoiled smoothie drinker. I live walking distance from Jamba Juice, so I rarely make smoothies at home. But lately, I've found my fridge stocked with endless berries and fruits that usually end up being tossed away. Smoothies are a great way to salvage neglected fruits on the verge of rotting. Plus, overly ripe fruits are always the sweetest, saving you the trouble of adding sweetener to your smoothies. Here are two of my favorite smoothies, perfect for breakfast, dessert, and a mid day pick-me-up. 



I usually eyeball the measurements and try to make the most of ingredients that I have on hand. Tweak the portions to your tastebuds' liking. Happy blending!

Peanut Banana and Coffee Smoothie*
1 banana
a few tablespoons of peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
about 1/2 cup Vanilla coconut milk
a few tablespoons of coffee ice cream
*this is clearly a less healthy alternate 

Berry-Banana Smoothie
1 banana
one handful strawberries (fresh or frozen)
one handful other berries (fresh or frozen blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
about 1/2 cup of Vanilla coconut milk
a few tablespoons of Pomegranate-Blueberry Sherbet

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...