Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Classic Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin pie is my favorite pie of all-time. Lucky for me, the advent of canned pumpkins has given me the luxury of enjoying my favorite seasonal treat year-round. For a classic, fuss-free, non-fancy shmancy pumpkin pie, this is my go-to recipe. Although the recipe is simple, here's how to achieve pie perfection:

*blind-bake the pie crust - place a sheet of foil or parchment over the unbaked crust; fill with pie weights, dry beans or rice; bake at 350 degrees for about 15 mins. This half-baking process will ensure that the bottom of the crust does not become soggy upon contact with the wet filling.

*Do not - I repeat - DO NOT - overbake the pie. 
{Overbaked pumpkin pie = super dense.}
{Perfectly baked pumpkin pie = super creamy.}

*Cool the pie thoroughly before serving. Bon appetit!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...