Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Am Fortified

"I Am Present" Bruschetta - toasted whole wheat
baguette, cashew mozzarella, roma tomatoes,
fig-balsamic dressing, fresh basil

Until recently, I had a volatile relationship with vegan food. I'd had one too many bad experiences that left a bitter taste in my mouth (literally). But after giving hipster mecca Café Gratitude a second shot, I feel like a whole new woman. I first heard about Café Gratitude from my yoga instructor who insisted that eating vegan was the way to go. My carb and cheese loving self was naturally skeptical, but Café Gratitude is the perfect place for transitioning vegans or anyone who wants to give vegan food a shot. Knowing what to order can be tough, so I suggest you take along a vegan friend or simply order one of the many delicious bowls. (The "I Am Gracious" is my favorite).

"I Am Fortified" - sautéed seasonal veggies and kale,
brown rice, quinoa, sesame garlic-tahini sauce.

The up-lifting and self-empowering menu: each item
 is named after an affirmation.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...