Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet San Diego


Art or food?

Spring Break means time spent catching up on my studies, but I was in such a desperate need of a break from my exhausting school schedule, we decided a San Diego trip was in order. Going back to my city of four years is always a relaxing change from the hustle and bustle of LA, and not surprisingly, our itinerary the entire weekend revolved around food and restaurants (and some of my favorite beach spots, which I'll post later). I strategically scheduled breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts so that we'd be able to hit up all of my favorites, especially the church I worship - Extraordinary Desserts





Left: As seen on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," the Dulce de Leche Cake is an extremely moist chocolate cake with crunchy milk chocolate layers, topped with dulce de leche. Basically, heaven.
Right: The chocolate version of my favorite Lindzer Danish also seen in this post

I hate waiting in line at the LA Sprinkles,
so we made a final stop for some sugar at the La Jolla Sprinkles.

Black and white cupcake from Sprinkles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...