Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

homemade pumpkin spice mix - cinnamon,
fresh ground nutmeg.


Nothing says autumn like pumpkin flavored muffins, lattes, and pies. As always, I kicked off the start of my favorite season by celebrating Starbucks' yearly revival of pumpkin spice lattes. To continue the celebration, I made these pumpkin (chocolate chip) muffins which pack some major spicy warmth and make your kitchen smell like fall on steroids. I gave these muffins an extra little oomph by making my own custom pumpkin spice mix: 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg = spice perfection. Next up on my list - pumpkin pie and pumpkin carving. 

divide batter evenly. sprinkle tops with
cinnamon sugar.(i added some chocolate chips to
a few of the muffins for a surprise).

warm out of the oven.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...