Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day at the Getty Villa



As a self-proclaimed art lover, I was surprised that I'd never been to the Getty Villa. Aside from being an artistically inclined avid museum-going nerd, I spent an entire summer interning at LACMA. I'm no stranger to the museum scene. So naturally, the Getty Villa was on my summer activity to-do list. I'm usually not a fan of guided tours, but we went on a docent-guided Villa garden tour that left me inspired and in awe. The attention to detail is unbelievable and completely reminiscent of the Italian era and style the architects sought to replicate. And the herb garden -- not only did it make me hungry, but I think I've found inspiration for my own (future) herb and vegetable garden. Fig trees, tarragon, and all. 



grape vines. perfect
for foot-crushing  รก la "I Love Lucy"


my favorite. waterlilies in a pond.


skylight from indoors. that's a glass window,
 not a painting.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...